Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The end of the 1st semester!

I cannot believe that the first semester is coming to a close! It seems like only yesterday I was moving in and now it is time to go home for Christmas break. This semester has been amazing to say the least. I have truly enjoyed all my classes and this program has only strengthened my desire to attend medical school. Being able to take a second year medical school class has been educational, but it was really learning alongside the students that I found most beneficial. The professors really challenge the medical students to not only learn, but to think like a practicing physicians. I have learned so much about medicine that I was not aware of such as the seriousness of bacterial and viral resistance and the plethora of obstacles one must deal with when choosing medications to prescribe involving side effects and drug interactions. Furthermore, I have also enjoyed the seminar series aspect of the program as it is an excellent way to be aware of upcoming research agendas in the medical field.

As I anxiously wait for our last set of exams tomorrow, I find myself excited for what next semester has to bring. Unfortunately that also means MCAT studying for me but I am remain hopeful!

On a side note, Aubrey and I learned how to butcher a whole chicken at ESY this week. It was really exciting. Hopefully I can impress my family over Christmas with my newfound cooking skills.

Happy Holidays!

December: 7 hours

Semester Total: 61 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment