Thursday, April 30, 2015

Officially a Master in Pharmacology



**Pharmwiki

Hip-hip-hooray for graduation! I can't believe how fast this year flew by. This program has lived up to everything I hoped it would be.. and more! Although our program is over, the application process is about to begin. And for most us, we still have to keep studying for the new MCAT. So the studying and stress isn't quite over yet. Is it June 19 yet? Just kidding.

This month at ESY, Aubrey and I switched gears and started working with the kindergardeners again. Last week they did W for watermelon, walnuts, and wild rice. I'm excited to finish up our volunteer time with the kids since we started working with them last semester.

At SAAK, we made granola bars and vegan cheesecakes as the final treats to the program. I think its safe to say that both the kids and I were shocked and how easy it is to make them. Both treats only used 6-8 ingredients! Aubrey and I had a great closing talk with the kids and we are both happy with the progress they have made. Hopefully with the program continuing into the summer and next year, the kids will continue to learn and make healthy choices.

As I finish my time at Touro, I am started to work at Physical Therapy office. It has been a great experience so far. I never realized how important of a role physical therapy plays in the healing process. I have grown close with many of my patients already and feel that the lessons I am learning in patient care will be very valuable.

I am happy to be staying in New Orleans for the summer and maybe longer. I am not done with this city and still have so much to explore. I am grateful for all the friends I have made!

So I guess this is the end for this blog! It's been fun....

- Ruby, M.S (WOOOOO) B.S

April hours: 4 hours

Total semester hours: 50.5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment